Posts Categorised: Survival Equipment
Survival is basic human instinct. Your survival would very much depend on how ready you are in any emergency situation, and having the right tool for a given situation may just be what you need to survive. Continue reading to find out about one such survival tool called the Everstryke Match and how you can get your hands on it for FREE while stocks last.
What Is The Everstryke Match All About?
The Everstryke Match is a waterproof fire starter that you can use anytime and anywhere even if it was previously soaked in water. It is your ultimate survival match which contains a ferro rod and wick in one inclusive fire-starting kit that conveniently fits in your pocket. It may be a small tool, but it can help people survive and save lives in times of emergency.
This lighter strikes at over 3,000 degrees and flame burns at over 600 degrees Fahrenheit and is capable of 15,000 long burning strikes. Imagine you were out for an adventure, and you experience one of those tragic cold nights that you need to stay warm or start a fire just to survive. This match is the perfect tool which you can easily carry with you anywhere or to your next exploration.
It is very easy to use, and this won’t burn your fingertips, if you can strike a match then you can use the Everstryke Match to start a fire. This can be your everyday lighter or you can reserve it for more pressing survival situations when you will be needing a fire wherever and whenever you need it regardless of any weather condition.
This is a very handy product and you can get it for free right now. You just pay shipping and handling.
Who Created The Everstryke Match?
Just like other great survival tools, this ultimate survival match was created and sold by Survival Life. It is a thriving community that develops and markets survival gears, defense and home security tools to help you have that good solid survival skill.
Everstryke Match Instructions For Use
This survival tool is easy to use. You just need to fill it, strike it and light it but here is a detailed process how:
- Step 1: Unscrew the stem and fill your canister with lighter fluid of your choice up to ¾ full. Then screw the match stem back onto the body and let it sit for at least 5 minutes so that the lighter fluid can be thoroughly absorbed. Remember to not overfill your canister and remember that your match can strike up to 15,000 times.
- Step 2: When you need to use it, remove the striker from the canister. Hold your canister upright and drag the striker down across the ferro rod attached to the side of the tool just like you were lighting a match. Make sure that the match has absorbed enough lighter fluid for it to light. Strike it the way you would a normal match and put the striker back into the container if it does not light after 2 tries.
- Step 3: If your Everstryke Match is lit, you can use it! When finished, blow out the match and remember to not put a lit match into the housing container.
- Remember these tips to maximize your match’s use:
- Do not overfill to avoid spillage.
- Make sure to have a well-saturated wick when you strike the match.
- Do not burn the match for more than 10 seconds at a time.
- Always extinguish the flame before returning the striker to the canister. Failure to do this will damage the tool and can cause harm to the user.
- Whether you are out for camping or a situation needs you to light a fire, this waterproof match comes in handy and easy to use, making you prepared for any emergency.
- The Everstryke Match is waterproof. You can use it no matter what weather condition you are in.It is handy and lightweight. You can basically carry it anywhere with you.
- It is refillable and wick can be changed.
- Easy to use. If you can light a regular match, you can easily use Everstryke.
- Made from durable stainless steel.
- Keeps you ready from various emergency situations.
It comes with valuable bonuses:
- Trumps 2020 Re-Election Shocker and Basic Membership in the Family Protection Association as a Tactical Gear Tester for a full year.
- Return and replacement within 30 days from purchase.
- It has limited supplies. So, you must hurry if you want one.
- Limit of 10 per household.
- Can only be purchased online.
The Everstryke Match is for all practical purposes the perfect tool for you to carry around all the time. Especially when you are outdoors. Since you never know when you might need this kind of survival tool, it is best to be prepared and own a one so that you can help save your own, and possibly the lives of others.
Get your ultimate survival tool just by paying for shipping! Value for money indeed!
Hey there SurvivalTab readers. In this post we are going to talk a little bit about choosing a bug out bicycle. First of all, something to take note of is that there is no such thing as a specific kind of bug out bicycle.
Meaning, you can’t just walk into a cycle shop and ask for the bug out bicycle section. You have to choose the right bicycle for your specific needs and then fit it with accessories and survival gear that you think you’ll need.
Image Source: PoliticsAndPreppers
Choosing The Right Bicycle
Choosing the right bicycle requires some thought. Simply because everyone’s circumstances are different. Bicycles don’t come cheap these days and buying a decent bicycle(s) can rock your bank balance. So, you should do some brainstorming and consider the following questions:
What Kind Of Bicycle(s) And What Is Your Budget?
The kind of bicycle to consider buying, or using, is a personal choice. There are many to choose from – road bike, mountain bike, hybrid, fat bike etc.
There are many factors that determine the price of a bicycle (new or used) as well as the type of bicycle you should consider buying. You can read more about buying your first bicycle at Bicycling.
Be sure to look at a bicycle that will be able to travel on any kind of surface. Immediately mountain bicycles and touring bicycles come to mind. Further to this, we have added this link to Bike Radar.
The article is a review of a new Specialized touring bicycle and it provides good insight into the anatomy of a touring bicycle that can double up as a bug out bicycle.
Image Source: Bike Radar
Survival Gear And Other Accessories For You Bug Out Bicycle
Fitting the bicycle with the right survival gear and accessories is important. This is where you start to turn your bicycle into a bug out vehicle. Handy accessories to consider fitting to your bicycle are carrier bags, frame bags and handlebar bags.
Accessories don’t necessarily have to be store-bought. Old bags, backpacks, crates and straps lying around can just as easily be converted into useful bicycle accessories.
Are You In Good Physical Shape Or Not?
Riding a bicycle requires a certain level of fitness, more so if riding under challenging circumstances. Before you spend money on a bicycle, you should assess your physical condition and get yourself into shape accordingly.
This will also help you during your decision making process as to what kind of bicycle is best for your needs.
In addition, we also found this informative video made by the ‘Wandering Beast’. He talks how he personally benefits from using his bicycle as well as the components, survival gear and other fittings.
Video Source: Wandering Beast
To conclude, we want to emphasize that you should not underestimate the value of a bug out bicycle. It’s faster than traveling on foot and you can carry more gear. Just make sure that your bicycle is reliable and that it can last you a long time.
Does your survival pack have a “cluttered” feel to it? If so, you’re not the only one with those thoughts. Here at SurvivalTab we recently tackled the same issue and decided to go for a minimalist survival pack.
All this came about after an email conversation with a follower. His exact words on the matter were …
I have recently started throwing stuff (survival gear) away. Really good stuff too. I feel like all the stuff is suffocating me. I just want to get rid of everything and go minimalist.
So, what does it mean to go minimalist in terms of your survival pack?
Simplify Your Survival Pack
It means that you should simplify your survival planning and go with only the bare essentials. We think that you should start with the basics of survival. With basics we mean your survival bag, bug out bag, survival pack, or whatever you want to call it.
You need to consider the most essential survival items for your pack. The items you will need to get you through the first 72 hours of any kind of crisis. Planning for such a minimalist survival pack might sound easy, but it’s not.
So, to help you and give you some ideas, we found this video for you.
Source: Survival Lily
Here’s a list of what Survival Lilly has in her pack …
- 1 x Hatchet
- 1 x Fixed Blade Knife
- 1 x Wool Blanket Sleeping Bag
- 1 x Military Canteen And Cup
- 1 x Roll of Paracord
- 1 x Military Poncho
- 1 x Wool Cap
- 1 x Altoids Survival Kit (Fishing Kit, Matches, Ammo for Slingshot, Canvas Needle, Extra Thread For Sleeping Bag, Button Compass)
- 1 x Toothbrush Kit
- 1 x Mosquito Net
- 1 Set of Ear Plugs
- 1 x Bow Drill Set With a Skateboard Wheel
- 1 x First Aid Kit
- 1 x Pack of Tissues
- 1 x Sharpening Stone
- 1 x Slingshot Rubberband
- 1 x Paracord Wrist Bracelet
Minimalist Survival Pack – Additional Items
SurvivalTab thinks that it is a pretty decent setup, but would probably add the following items:
1 x Eye Glasses Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
1 x Sun Glasses (if you don’t wear prescription glasses)
A More Comprehensive First Aid Kit
1 x Small Flashlight or Headlamp
1 x Small Multi-Tool
1 x All Terrain Gloves
Ultimately you need decide for yourself what you would need in your minimalist survival pack. Look at each item and ask yourself this question.
What purpose would this item serve in a time of need?
All things considered, it is a good thing to have such a minimalist pack at hand when you need one for a 72 hour survival period.
What does kayaking have to do with survival? Well, let’s start with a bit of history. The kayak we use for adventure and recreational purposes today, was invented in the distant past for a good reason. It was used as as a means of survival – hence our use of the term “survival kayaking“.
The Inuits (Eskimos) of the northern arctic regions have been using kayaks to hunt fish, seals, walrus and other land animals for thousands of years. The kayaks were very effective in terms of approaching the hunted prey with extreme stealth. The Inuits survival depended on the mentioned food sources. So, they relied heavily on their kayaks for successful hunts.
The modern-day kayak is still an important means of survival out in the wilderness. Providing you have the necessary skill to use it effectively in terms of survival hunting as well as a means of traveling on rivers or open ocean.
The problem is that a kayak is not something you can just pack in your bug-out/adventure bag and carry around on your back.
Featured Image: Outsideonline
A Revolutionary Collapsible Kayak
You need a vehicle to transport a kayak and that could limit the usefulness of a kayak as a means of survival out in the wilderness. Well, until now that was …
Meet the Pakayak kayak. You can assemble this revolutionary six-segment kayak in a matter of minutes. It is just as easy to collapse it back to the six segments, pack it into a bag and carry it on your back.
Source: Instagram @pakayak
What exactly is Doug Mackro’s brainchild all about? We found out on Instagram and Outsideonline.com …
Just about every hard-sided kayak is made through a process called roto-molding, which sculpts a single piece of plastic into whatever shape a manufacturer chooses. That same process is used here to create the six segments that nest inside one another, Russian Matryoshka doll set-style.
When fully assembled, this Pakayak Blue Fin 14 measures 14 feet long—a sweet spot that makes it less unwieldy than a 16-foot beginner kayak, but more stable than shorter models.
Packed down, the Blue Fin is about three-and-half feet tall, two feet wide, and 16 inches deep. With the included case, you can carry it on your back or haul it around like roller luggage via the built-in wheels.
This invention is sure to take kayaking to a whole new level and suddenly there is now no reason why a kayak could not become part of your survival gear.
Watch the Video to see the Pakayak in action.
Source: YouTube – Pakayak
We wish you successful survival kayaking!
We know that the idea of survival bicycling does not immediately jump to mind when thinking about bicycling. Also, bicycling does not appeal to everybody and maybe a bicycle doesn’t quite fit into the monthly budget.
BUT, here’s why you should at least entertain the idea of owning a bicycle. Especially if you are not already an enthusiast … and … if you ARE an enthusiastic cyclist, then the list of reasons could give you some additional points to ponder on …
- Bicycling As A Means Of Transport And Transport Alternative
- Health Benefits Of Bicycling
- Adventure And Sport Bicycling
- Bicycling As A Life-Long Family Activity
- Survival Bicycling
That being said, let’s take a closer look at the mentioned reasons …
Featured Image: Flickr – Pebble Pedalers
The Reasons For Survival Bicycling
Here are 5 noteworthy reasons why you should consider survival bicycling:
- Bicycling saves money in terms of car maintenance and gas, and it helps to avoid traffic jams. It also increases the mobility of anyone that does not own a car or motorbike, and it is certainly faster than walking.
- The health benefits of bicycling are numerous. Cardio fitness as well as muscle and joint health comes to mind when talking about the health benefits.
- Many people out there are avid adventure, or sport bicycling enthusiasts. Think about off-road adventure trails, adventure and camping trips, road bike races and other bicycle-specific events.
- Bicycling is a lifelong activity enjoyed by the young and the not-so-young alike. It is an activity that can be enjoyed by the whole family in any kind of setting.
- Survival bicycling is not something that immediately jumps to mind when one thinks about bicycling, but it something that needs to be seriously considered and here’s why …
Before Hurricane Sandy took out power, subways, buses, and some roads this week, New Yorkers stocked up on food, water, duct tape, flashlights, and batteries. After the storm, they stocked up on bicycles. An overlooked survival tool, the bike has become the only realistic mode of transportation for thousands of residents of the nation’s densest and most populous city. That shouldn’t come as a surprise.
From post-Sandy New York to rush-hour in Jakarta, the bicycle steps up where infrastructure falls short. It’s narrow enough to squeeze through traffic, efficient and fast enough to cover lots of ground, and simple enough that just about anyone can operate and maintain one.
Further to this …
The common bicycle is fast, quiet, muscle-powered, and easy to maintain. Add to this the additional advantage that it is the only vehicle you can pick up and carry if the terrain gets rough. People using bicycles to escape from infested areas have almost always fared better than those on foot.
Image Source: Flickr – Brad Wenner
No truer words have been written about the common bicycle and is definitely a good motivation for putting survival bicycling on the “To Do” list.
- Hey there SurvivalTab readers. Let's talk a [...]